Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ME MYSELF AND I

Gentle Readers,

When did myself become a substitute for me or I? I've been hearing it for at least a couple of years and it's getting worse.

Example: Myself and John went shopping.

Should be: John and I went to a hotel.

The easy way to know if you should use me or I when you're gossiping about John and me is to leave John out of it and say I went to a hotel. That way you know it's not John and me went dancing because you wouldn't say Me went dancing -- or, oh my goodness, would you?

If you would, then you are too far gone and cannot be helped. That's even worse than myself.

Anyhoo, it's not myself. It's not; it's not; it's not.

However, I have also started to hear myself used by itself and not in a sentence involving another person. For example, Myself went up shit crick without a paddle.

Oh Lord, help me. Make people stop saying myself. I can't do it all by MYSELF correct use correct use correct use


Infinities of love,


Lola

1 comment:

  1. That one drives myself nuts too!!

    ***

    (haha... kidding.... please don't shoot me!!)

    ReplyDelete

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.