Saturday, March 27, 2010

DUMPED FIRST WIFE RECOMMENDS

Gentle Readers,

This week I read Jeannette Walls' latest, Half Broke Horses. It is her maternal grandmother's story, written in first person.

I enjoyed it so much that I immediately re-read The Glass Castle, which is really quite an amazing memoir.

Before reading these, I read Mary Karr's three memoirs, The Liars Club, Cherry, and Lit.

I think when I write my memoir I should call it Half Broke Liars. Maybe people will think I have a little Jeannette and Mary in me and I'll have me a little success.

Actually, I came across a Web site where people posted comments about The Liars Club and somebody said he/she lived on the same street as Mary Karr and that the Karr family lived a life of absolute misery and other people said Oh yes, it was obvious that it was just misery, misery, misery. And I thought, Gee, it seemed kinda like normal life to me. So maybe I had a crazy childhood too, or maybe we all just have crazy childhoods.

I have also started reading a blog I thoroughly recommend: WorkForced.com. It's hilarious. Before long I'll be wanting to marry the guy who writes it. I already want to marry the guy who does It's Priceless!

I need all the hilarity in my life that I can get.

Love,

Dumped First Wife

Scroll up a bit on my message center to find the amazon.com search box. You can purchase books and movies I recommend from amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got your panties in a bunch? Dig 'em out, get comfortable, and let's chat.